Dear Friends and path to Anandam supporters,
“Happy Navratri and May Mother Goddess bring best health, happiness and prosperity to you and your loved ones”
Again, it is the time to celebrate Navratri (Nav-Durga). The celebration is in honor of the Mother Goddess.
The festival is celebrated for nine days all over India and many placed in the world. It is celebrated twice a year during Navratri (Nav-Durga). One is celebrated in March-April (Sri Rama Navratri/Chaitra/autumn). The other one is in September-October (Durga-Navaratri/Ashvina/spring).
Mother Goddess is also called Shakti. It represents protection, love, prosperity and knowledge. Unlimited and vibrant love, compassion and mercy are regarded as the divine attributes of Mother Goddess. She is known as Durga and worshipped in different forms. She is a form of Shakti-Trinity form of Divine Energy: Shri Maha Saraswati (Goddess of knowledge), Shri Maha Lakshmi (Goddess of prosperity) and Shri Mahakali (Goddess of protection).
1. Durga Shailputri (Daughter of Mountain): Shailputri is the first among nine Durgas, therefore,1st night of Nav-Durga is devoted to the worship of Her.
2. Durga Brahmacharini The second Durga Shakti is Brahmacharini, therefore, 2nd night of Nav-Durga is devoted to the worship of her.
4. Durga Kushmanda: She is the 4th Shakti of Durga; therefore, the 4th night begins the worship of her.
5. Durga Skandamata: The Fifth Shakti of Durga is Skandamata. She is worshipped on 5th night of Nav-Durga
6. Durga Kaatyayani: Kaatyayani is the 6th Shakti of Durga and worshipped on 6th night of Nav-Durga.
7. Durga Kalratri: Kaalratri is the 7th Shakti of Durga and worshipped on 7th night of Nav-Durga. Kalratri means scourer of darkness; enemy of darkness.
8. Durga Maha Gauri: Maha Gauri is of eight years old and she is worshiped on 8th night of Nav-Durga.
9. Durga Siddhidatri: Siddhidatri is the 9th Shakti of Durga. She is worshiped on 9th night of Nav-Durga.
|These popular nine different forms of Durga are worshiped over the nine days. It signifies the nine glorious aspects of the Divine Mother.|
|All together the Divine Feminine Energy represents protection, love, prosperity and knowledge. Therefore, Nav-Durga is the special time to worship, sing her glories and pray to her for good health, prosperity, purity of mind, love, peace and Anandam/bliss “Sat Chit Ananda.” It is said that since lot of people pray during that time, the collective energy becomes very powerful and prayers are often heard.|
May Mother Goddess shower Her blessings of health, happiness, peace and prosperity upon everyone in the universe at this glorious time.
Copyright © 2017 Path To Anandam TM
All Rights Reserved Path to Anandam